1. Background:- In pursuance of the direction of the Honorable Supreme Court in VISHAKA and ORS.v. STATE OF RAJASTHAN and ORS. (JT 1997(7) SC 384) and the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, it has now become mandatory to constitute Internal Complaints Committee at all the workplaces to look after all such complaints (as prescribed in the Act) made by the aggrieved female persons.
2. Who can file the complaint:– a) Any woman employee of IIIT Lucknow including faculty and staff as well as any woman residing in the Campus or visiting the Campus in any capacity may file a complaint against an incident of sexual harassment.
b) Any student, irrespective of age and/or gender, may file a complaint against an incident of sexual harassment.
3. Unwelcome acts or behavior (whether directly or by implication):-
4. Circumstances leading to Sexual Harassment: – The following circumstances, among other circumstances if it occurs or is present in relation to or connected with any act or behavior of sexual harassment may amount to sexual harassment: –
5. How to file a complaint?
A formal written complaint must be filed either as a hard copy or an email within 90 days of the incident about which the complaint is being filed. The ICC is required to complete the process of inquiry and submit its report within 90 days of the filing of the complaint. The formal complaint must contain the following:
a. Date and time of the incident
b. The place where it occurred
c. Name and contact information of the accused
d. Name and contact information of witnesses
e. Detailed description of the incident
This cell shall undertake inquiries with regard to complaints of sexual harassment from aggrieved women employees (as defined under the Act, 2013). The complaint is kept totally confidential, and adequate protection is provided to the complainant, where necessary. Complaints are heard expeditiously while adhering to the principles of Natural Justice. Necessary recommendations are provided to the Authority on the basis of the findings of the inquiry.
6. Constitution of Internal Complaint Committee (ICC) :- In terms of Section 4 of the Act, the committee is constituted as under:-
|Dr. Indira Mishra, Asst. Professoremail@example.com||Presiding Officer|
|Dr. Niharika Anand, Asst. Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||Member|
|Dr. Vishal Krishna Singh, Asst. Professor & Deputy Registrar (Off.)||email@example.com||Member|
|Dr. Bindu Singh, Asst. Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||Member|
|Dr. Neelu, Asst. Professoremail@example.com||Member|
|Smt. Neelam Bhakuni|| firstname.lastname@example.org